Thursday, June 3, 2010

Speaking of Pilgrim...


I blogged about the dress I made for Pilgrim Lee of draw! pilgrim the other day. However, I don't feel that I don't you enough about the girl behind the delightful designs.

I first read about Pilgrim Lee and her wonderful artwork on The Vine. The article was written by paintergirl - someone who has introduced me to many cool people and things over the years - and I instantly fell in love.

What caught my eye was her Alphabet series, my favorite being the one pictured above. I love the colours and I love the indirect way the pills and letter C remind me of The Carrie Nations from the movie Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

I bought the print and had it framed by the amazing people at Melbourne's Outre Gallery.

Not long after reading the article, I started following Pilgrim via Twitter, and after learning that we both had sons the same age, I asked her if she was interested in a playdate. Thankfully, she said yes and we (and our sons) have been friends ever since.

Whether it's a sunny day or a grey & rainy day, Pilgrim always fills up my day with colour...technicolour to be exact!

She launched her Etsy store recently and is planning on adding new items every couple of weeks.

If you're after a pretty bright print for your wall or some super cute gift tags, visit her store and be sure mention that I sent you for a 10% discount off your purchase from her etsy store!

Website: draw! pilgrim
Twitter: pilgrim_lee
Etsy store: draw! pilgrim

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails