Monday, June 21, 2010

Friends that inspire me - Lynnelle Moran


I planned on doing a series of blog posts about my 'muses'. However, I felt a little awkward using the word muse, so I am going to blog about friends/people that inspire me.

Lynnelle Moran and I met in the early 90's in clubland. We were both goths and I thought she was very cool indeed as her face was pretty and so much whiter than mine!

Over the years she has inspired many dress and skirt designs and we have collaborated together to make some fine threads.

Lynnelle has a super cool husband named Dan West who is a music producer and also is part of Sylent Running, a collaboration between musicians from Melbourne and NYC. Lynnelle is also in a band, a folky electro outfit called Welcome Dear Friend.

As well as making people happy with her beautiful singing voice, Lynnelle also juggles being a mother to two boys aged 4 years and 6 months AND running a sweet childrenswear label named crumb...

The label is a partnership between Lynnelle and her beautiful mother, Mary. The two create beautiful clothes for both girls and boys. My favorite item in the shop at the moment is the Billy Boy Rocker shirt.



Well, this is the first post of nine, I hope you enjoy checking out all of the links and please do tell your friends about crumb... and please mention that it is all handmade in Melbourne, Australia.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Awww, there's a pretty face I haven't seen in a long, long time! What a lovely idea and a great post! Off to check out crumb now... :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails