Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB!


I could look at cherry printed fabric for hours. I can honestly say, it is one print that I never tire of. I have made this 'Rocker Girl Jane' dress using a beautifully smooth cotton. I have lined it in white polyester and used an invisible zip purchased from Harvey's in the Nicholas Building (I find the meshy Birch ones from retail shops scary and unreliable).
I have made it my goal to make up most of the cherry fabric that I have stockpiled by the end of [Australian] summer...we'll see how I go.
Speaking of cherries, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Justine from 62cherry and her ace husband Simon for setting up this blog for me as well as my website. Please click on the 62cherry link and check out her online store (I have bought 4 items from it already) and her very cool, very crafty blog too.

3 comments:

Kate Lightfoot said...

This one's gorgeous, Peta. I agree with your thoughts on cherry fabric - so cute! xxx scarlett

Cathy said...

your dresses are absolutely gorgeous - love the style and fabric choices!

Unknown said...

Peta, I think your dresses are wonderful! I have the zoe dress, like this with pink cherries but strapless. I had spent a lot of money buying clothes for my new job that day, so when I saw it in Route 66 I passed on trying it on. In the end, I knew I'd regret it if I didn't at least see what it looked like on me, so an hour later I came back, the style and cut fit me perfectly, possibly a little long in length but I could deal with it, so I got it. Been looking for your online presence ever since. Glad to see you now have a store, look forward to seeing more of your creations on there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails